In October 2018, Primary ITO, recommenced the review of the four National Certificates in Seafood Māori, and one National Diploma in Seafood Māori – each with elements of customary fisheries. Primary ITO would like to collect advice and feedback from those who might be interested in being involved in the qualification review and codesign process with Primary ITO. Involvement could appear in a number of ways including attendance at any of the scheduled hui, ongoing communication through email of phone, or possibly through newsletter.
The purpose of the involvement is to inform the need, skills and knowledge of any proposed qualifications, based on current expertise and work within the sector. We are seeking participation from representatives who work within the customary fisheries sector that directly works with or benefits hapū or iwi. This could include:
- Tertiary providers of existing, past or future qualifications eg. PTE, wānanga
- Employers within the customary fisheries industry
- Key industry regulatory representatives
- Hapū and/or iwi representatives working in customary fisheries eg. PSGE, rūnanga
If you are interested, we encourage you to make contact and we will send you further information about the Project and any preliminary reading for the consultation hui.
The dates for the consultation hui have been set and will contribute to the start of five phases in this review and co-design process including stakeholder advice and feedback, qualification design and development. Please find below, a list of the scheduled consultation hui for the review and design of these qualifications:
- Whangarei – Tuesday 26 Feb 2019, 10-2pm (rsvp by 20 Feb)
- Auckland – Thursday 28 Feb 2019, 10-2pm (rsvp by 18 Feb)
- Wellington – Tuesday 5 March 2019, 10-2pm (rsvp by 25 Feb)
- Rotorua – Thursday 7 March 2019, 10.30-2pm (rsvp by 27 Feb)
- Whanganui – Tuesday 12 March 2019, 10-2pm (rsvp by 4 March)
- Christchurch – Thursday 14 March 2019, 10-2pm (rsvp by 6 March)
RSVP to Mania@aiorangiltd.co.nz or Leela.Lala@primaryito.ac.nz by the stipulated dates, with your intended attendance at any of the hui and any dietary requirements that you have, and we will be in touch with the venue address and agenda in due course. In the meantime, we are happy to answer any questions you might have to date and provide you with additional preliminary information in preparation for the hui.
Nāku noa, nā
Mania Maniapoto-Ngaia and Leela Lala